Latest Update: June 24th, 2019
Before you can use Apple Pay (or Google Pay) with bunq, you have to order a suitable card. If you order a card from within the bunq app (without using the below instructions step-by-step), you will order a Dutch (or a card suitable for use in your own country). This card is not suitable, as long as you don’t live in a country where Apple Pay is available, for use with Apple Pay. But if you could use Apple Pay (in your country already), why using these instruction anyway.
If you still need to order a suitable card, please click here.
As soon as you have ordered your card, just follow the instructions below to active Apple Pay on your Apple device.
Consider a DonationIf you have enabled Apple Pay succesfully, please consider a small donation (to cover the web hosting costs) by using this link : https://bunq.me/bunqlove
To use Apple Pay, you don’t have to wait for the delivery of your physical card (this can take up to 3-10 business days). It is currently possible to activate your card within minutes after you ordered it.
Just follow the steps below:
- Open the bunq app and go to your cards.
- Swipe to the card you (just) ordered and click on Start using it ( Begin nu met het gebruik ervan! (1))
- Tap on the Card number (Kaartnummer (1)) and write the number down. This is the number you enter later on when adding the card to the Apple Wallet. (You don’t need to click on Apple Pay (3), because this process is cumbersome and it will not always work (it also depends on you having an address configured with a supported country / postal code in the bunq app).
- Tap on CVC security code (2) and tap one or two times on Generate a new CVC code (Maak een nieuwe CVC) code. If you don’t generate a new CVC code, it is possible that you cannot successfully add your bunq card to your Wallet. Write down the last generated CVC code.
- Close the bunq app and open the Wallet app.
- Now add a new card by tapping the +-sign (1).
- Tap Continue (Ga door).
- Tap Add another card (Voeg een andere kaart toe).
- Tap Add card info manually (Voeg kaartinfo handmatig in).
- Now enter the card number and tap Next (Volgende).
- In the field Security code (Beveiligingscode) enter the generated CVC code and tap Next (Volgende).
- Your card is being configured for Apple Pay. You maybe have to accept the terms (if they show up).
- At the card verification-screen (Kaartverificatie) you can choose for verification by using the bunq-app or by receiving a textmessage (both options do work here). Just leave default option selected (bunq-app) and tap Next (Volgende).
- Now tap on Open bunq (1) to start the validation process.
- The bunq app will now be opened. Click on Activate (Activeer) to start the activation process.
- When you have authorised successfully with FaceID (or TouchID) your card is activated and enabled for Apple Pay.
- Congrats! You just configured Apple Pay on your iPhone.
Do you own an Apple Watch and do you want to use Apple Pay on the Watch? Please read on..
- Open the Apple Watch app the iPhone.
- Tap General (Algemeen (1))
- Tap Wallet and Apple Pay (1)
- Tap Add card (Voeg kaart toe (1))
- Tap Continue (Ga door).
- Deselect the cards you don’t want to add (if there is more then one card selected) and tap Continue (Ga door).
- At Security code (Beveiligingscode) enter the generated CVC code and tap Next (Volgende).
- Just follow the instructions to verify the card.
- After the verification process (see step 16 and 17 of the iPhone instruction) you are done and you can now also use Apple Pay on your Watch.